Saturday 14 March 2015

My last day at school: CBS

It had been only one year I had spent in CBS and now, I was shifting to a new place. It was strange how close we all kids had grown to each other in just one year. I had went to the school each and every day for one entire year and had become a part of the famous groups in my class. We all were five friends. We were in fifth standard. I was living in Gurgaon at that time and only during my last month of the school, my father had told me that we were shifting somewhere in Delhi because there was a chance that he'd be transferred to some place else during the same year. South, west, east or north, we had no idea. He was in Cargo airport at that time so this topic of transferring to some other state was discussed very often at home. But I had no idea that it would come so soon. It was like we all were forced to leave our friends and father too. That was a hard time.
The day he told me that as soon as my fifth finished, we'd move to Delhi, I was devastated. I had made such good friends in school and a lot of teachers knew me. I had participated in so many cultural events, learnt how to swim, made such good friends, started dancing and learnt about so many things, the same year I was told that I would no longer get the chance to experience such an eventful year again in my life because we were about to move to a congested place and God knows how people there would be. I had been the happiest when I was in fifth.
So, the next day I went to the school and announced the sad news in the class. All my friends were very upset. Next day, I was absent because we had to pack all our belongings.
Then arrived my last day of school, I knew it was going to be one hell of a day. Everyone would be upset and wishing me good luck and hugging me, crying and stuff. This was nothing new to me because it wasn't happening for the first time. I was only in fifth standard and I had already changed my school twice. This was my third school. I had to leave my loved ones earlier as well, before I had become a part of this new school and here I was; wishing all my loved ones good-bye again after a year. I had made up my mind that no matter what happens, I was not going to make new friends now. I had been so tried of leaving my friends again and again and seeing myself hurt. Such a fool, convincing myself not to make new friends only to safeguard myself from the pain that causes when it comes to saying good-bye. After all, I was just a kid.
So, I went to school like it was some ordinary day. The first half went as usual. Then, rang the recess bell and I and my group mates collected our lunch boxes. Then, they all asked me to look away because they had to do something. I was confused of course! Well, so I did what they had asked me to do. Then, I turned around and saw all four of them with some cards and gifts in their hand. They had made such adorable cards for me and a friend of mine, Aparna had bought a pair of  silver apple-shaped earrings for me. I looked at them and I was almost in tears. They hugged me and said good-bye in their own way. They asked me to come visit them at least once in three months but I knew that wasn't going to happen since I was permanently moving to Delhi and we had sold our house too. I knew I wasn't going to visit them so I hugged them even tighter and said, "This one year had been the most memorable year of my school life."
We were in tears and then, on my way back home, I thought about moving to a new place and told myself that safeguarding myself from pain was a foolish thing to do. This is not how I should start my life. I decided to make as many friends as possible so that I create as many beautiful memories with them as I can. That's the best thing friends-"The more the merrier". So, I changed my negative approach because of the loved I received from my peers. Their love filled me with optimism. and motivated me to get used to the changes in life.
Now I think that it's actually true what people say about childhood:
"Childhood memories are the best memories."
#Together #LookUp 

By
Simran Bharti
Follow me on Instagram @PrettyLittleVirtuoso for more daily product reviews, fashion advice, shopping hauls & more.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Must-Have Vintage Fashion Accessories At Rs 250 Only

Hi everyone, Vintage fashion is back and with the famous flared jeans, bell sleeves and striped sweater, we also have the classiest and c...